Sunday, June 22, 2008

post surgery

Hi Everyone,
This is just a little note to let you know we are back from Halifax
Everything went pretty good despite a few surprises.
The surgeons found another tumor wrapped around
the facial nerves. They had to do quite a bit of digging and manipulating to
get it out. They feel they got most of it but I will have to go for radiation
treatment asap. At this point I have most movement back but there is some weakness on the left side of my
face. I can't feel my left ear at all and there is patchy numbness on that side.
There is quite a depression in my neck (although it is hard to see right now because it is swelled)
where they removed the gland.
We are both very happy to be home and are relieved to be on the road to recovery.
We thank you for all your prayers & good wishes.
I'm still hoping to be back in the kitchen on July 7th, but I will keep you posted.
Thank for your patience.
Love Karin & Mike

No comments: