Sunday, June 14, 2009

Menu for June 16/changes to Eat Well

Hello There,
I'm back from my trip to Paris and London. It was a wonderful trip with so much to see and do.
I have a few changes to talk about to you.
Many of you know that this time last year I found out I had a rare type of cancer in my neck and since have had surgery and radiation. Recently during a routine check-up the doctors discovered that the cancer has spread to both my lungs. Unfortunately there isn't any treatment available. This type of cancer doesn't respond to chemotherapy and radiation isn't an option because I have about a dozen tumors spread out amongst both my lungs. But the good news is that it seems that the cancer is slow growing and we are hoping it continues to go that way.
I have decided I want to sell my business. If any of you know anyone who may be interested have them get in touch with me. Meanwhile, I don't feel that I have the stamina to continue the delivery service. So we will just have 2 more weeks of meal delivery service. I do intend to continue at the Farmer's Market for the summer and we'll see about the fall.
Hopefully someone will take over my business and then the delivery service will continue. I'm crossing my fingers.
I'm very sorry if this causes any of you an inconvenience. I feel so blessed to have been able to offer this service to you for the past 10 years. I have met so many wonderful people and I was able to do what I love. Cook and talk! I thank you for the continued support you have given me.

Meanwhile, here is the menu for this week....

If you are a fan of sushi, you will enjoy the SUSHI RICE & VEGETABLE SALAD. We use organic brown rice with some crunchy veggies & pickled ginger and its all dressed with some seasoned rice vinegar with a little hint of wasabi, garnished with sesame seeds and crumbled nori.

We thought it was time for a vegan lasagna so how about VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE TOFU & ARTICHOKE LASAGNA. We use gluten-free noodles, some artichokes and black olives, our own tomato sauce and substitute a tofu filling instead of the cottage cheese. We topped this with a tasty cashew mix.

I love the name of "SCENTI-LENTIL JOURNEY" (It wasn't my idea). It is a mix of lentils cooked with brown rice, spinach, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, cumin and turmeric. I highly recommend it!

This week's pasta is CAPPELLINI
WITH PARSLEY & PUMPKIN SEED PESTO. We toasted pumpkin seeds and added fresh parsley, garlic & olive oil to our pesto. And if you like we can serve it with GRILLED CHICKEN.

I know some of you have been waiting for me to make you KEN'S "FULL OF CHEESE" VEGGIE SQUARES so here it is. This is a low carb, low fat, gluten-free yet very yummy meal that is a mix of almost every vegetable I can find, covered with Mozza, Cheddar, Parmesan & Feta cheeses and baked.

NORMANDY CHICKEN is chicken breasts and thighs cooked with some onions and celery and apple in a creamy sauce. This is a real nice comfort food meal that we serve with MASHED POTATOES OR BROWN RICE.

The PERSIAN HONEY-SPICED CHICKEN is marinated chicken that is grilled, then drizzled with honey and then dipped in a mix of ground up nuts (pistachio & almonds), seeds & spices. We are serving this with BROWN RICE or POTATOES.

I have some nice fresh pineapple and thought it would go great in BEEF & PINEAPPLE STIR-FRY This also has some curry, ginger & garlic and it's served with POTATOES or RICE.

The VEGETABLE & CHEESE TOPPED MEAT LOAF is a bit of an experiment. It is meat loaf made with lean ground beef, eggs, onions & seasonings. This is topped with a mix of zucchini, mushrooms, grated carrot, our tomato sauce, Parmesan & Mozzarella cheeses and it's all served with OVEN ROASTED POTATOES.

Take care now.....
Karin


June 16th, ,
2008
VEGAN & VEGETARIAN

1-
SUSHI RICE & VEGETABLE SALAD gf SM. $4 LG $6.50
2-
VEGAN TOFU & ARTICHOKE LASAGNA. gf $7.00
3-
SCENTI-LENTIL JOURNEY gf $6.50
4-
CAPPELLINI WITH PARSLEY & PUMPKIN SEED PESTO $6.50
5-
QUINOA WITH LEMON, ALMONDS & SUN-DRIED TOMATOES gf $6.50
6-KEN'S "FULL OF CHEESE" VEGGIE SQUARES gf $6.50


MEAT ENTREES

7-
NORMANDY CHICKEN WITH MASHED POTATOES OR BROWN RICE. gf $7.00
8-
BEEF & PINEAPPLE STIR-FRY WITH RICE OR POTATOES gf $7.00
9-
PERSIAN HONEY-SPICED CHICKEN gf $7.00
10-
CAPPELLINI WITH FRESH PESTO & GRILLED CHICKEN $6.50
11-VEGETABLE & CHEESE TOPPED MEAT LOAF WITH POTATOES gf $6.50
12-ITALIAN SAUSAGE LASAGNA $7.00




gf- gluten-free
WW weight watcher's points
For more information, call
Karin Laronde 566-2796 or 393-3140
NEW EMAIL ADDRESS... order@karinlaronde.com

--
Karin Laronde
9 Passmore St.
Charlottetown, PE
C1A 2B8
P: 902-566-2796
C: 902-393-3140
http://karinlaronde.com


No comments: